Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Sad Self by Allen Ginsberg

  I know exactly what Allen Ginsberg is feeling like in this poem. Sometimes it feels like the world doesn't have anything good to tell you or look forwards to. He explained "I go up on top of the RCA building and gaze at world" he seemed to find closure being away from everyone else and just think about everything that has happen in his life and just wonders if he is walking the right path towards a better future. I could relate to this so much because I think about every thing I have done in life from my past and wonder if it was the right thing to do. He seems to also  have a relation to almost all. But for the most part this is also one of my favorite poems i could really relate to this as well.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, when you look more closely into the details, of course, you'll see, as you begin to above, it's not just about not having something to look forward to---the Speaker's somehwat meloncholy, distraught, anxious and vexed (well, there are other adj. that will work, too) mood/attitude/state of mind is a reflection of the perversions of the (or perverting) culture in which he finds himself. Much interesting socio-cultural commentary, here, and the poem indexes the (perverting) effects of contemporary cultural on the sensitive soul...

    ReplyDelete